The Comprehensive Ethics Resource includes resources created by Gray Matter Therapy; however, it also includes resources from outside of Gray Matter Therapy. The focus of the project wasn’t to create something; rather the focus was to bring together as many helpful resources as possible into one place.
These articles, posts, and resources are focused on changing the perception of ethics in healthcare and realizing our role in advocating for ethical care.
- Doing the right thing: Learning the power of ethical decision making in practice Gray Matter Therapy
- Another ethical dilemma: Clinical competency Gray Matter Therapy
- Why you should question authority Gray Matter Therapy
- Adventures with a call for action Speech Adventures
- What we didn’t know about our field before we started Gray Matter Therapy
- A picture of advocacy Gray Matter Therapy
I have said it before and I will say it again. Productivity isn’t the problem, but it is a symptom of the problem of profit-centered rather than person-centered care. However, productivity has been the focus of many of our discussions, because it is a very tangible way to communicate about the problems therapists are facing.
- Managing the transition from volume to value: Productivity Standards Gray Matter Therapy covering an APTA CE event
- SLPs report stable productivity levels, more ethical challenges ASHA Leader
- Under pressure: Speech-language pathologists in many skilled nursing facilities report high productivity expectations amid sweeping changes in health care delivery. ASHA Leader
- What does 90% productivity look like? Gray Matter Therapy
- Productivity: Friend or foe? Gray Matter Therapy
Depending on your ethics concern, you may not follow each of these steps. This list is to provide a sequence to consider when reporting.
First, talk to your supervisor.
- How to talk to your supervisor about ethics concerns Gray Matter Therapy
- Fear of confrontation Gray Matter Therapy
Call your company\’s compliance hotline.
- How to call your company’s compliance hotline Gray Matter Therapy
- Reader story: “I called the compliance hotline.” Gray Matter Therapy
Report Medicare fraud and abuse.
- How to report Medicare fraud and abuse Gray Matter Therapy
Report wage and labor violations.
- How to report wage and labor violations Gray Matter Therapy
Report to professional licensure/certification boards
American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- ASHA Code of Ethics ASHA
- Issues in Ethics: Representation of Services for Insurance Reimbursement, Funding, or Private Payment ASHA
- State Codes of Ethics ASHA
- You can file an ethics complaint against an ASHA member by following these instructions. ASHA
American Physical Therapy Association
- Code of Ethics for the Physical Therapist APTA
- Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapy Assistant APTA
- Center for Integrity in Practice APTA
- You can file an ethics complaint against an APTA member PT or PTA through your state’s APTA chapter or the state licensing board. APTA
American Occupational Therapy Association
- Occupational Therapy Code of Ethics and Ethics Standards AOTA
- OT/OTA Partnerships: Achieving High Ethical Standards in a Challenging Healthcare Environment AOTA
- AOTA Ethics Guide AOTA
- AOTA Ethics Commission AOTA
- You can file an ethics complaint against an AOTA member via the online form. AOTA